Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bittersweet Feeling

well, this spring is the last spring I'll ever have for college football for the rest of my life. Yes, it feels good to be closer to being done with my college career but at the same time i don't want it to end because I've had an enormous amount of fun. The thing that had went wrong was the fact that i was complacent during the first part of my career and didn't soak everything up and focus and play like i should have been. There have been so many things that have gone right. I've made a new family in my coaches and teammates. I grew up without a father and i didn't have any brothers so to me it's like i look at all of my coaches like father figures and every single one of my teammates are like my brothers. We are always there for each other. The thing that I would change would be my work ethic that I had in the beginning of my career. Even though i started every year even as a freshman I still didn't work hard in the weight room or on the field and i truly regret that.I believe that a lot of people see how I've changed and people see that I've changed for the better.

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have learned from this experience and made a change for the better

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad when things you love come to an end (such as college football). You can always look back on it with fond memories. Don't focus to much on the regrets, you can't change them now so focus on the good things that came from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what we do I believe that we always have some regrets, but what you can do now is remember this and give whatever life has in store for you 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I'm going to graduate in December, and it doesn't seem like it's anywre close to time. But the thing everyone has to remember is that what's waiting for us is going to be even better than what we're leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just hope that whatever you end up doing with the rest of your life it will be to your best ability and you enjoy it as much as you sound like you have enjoyed your college years. Good luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. have fun your last season. some of us got cut short

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm only a soph and I'm glad I read this because I should probably take the rest of my time in college more seriously because I don't wanna have any regrets when I'm finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bubba, I'm sure that is tough man. just dominate next year and give it all u can

    ReplyDelete
  9. have fun and enjoy it. It will always last in your heart and in your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turkey Hunting

    Opening morning of turkey season this year was an adventure. I was pumped about going and couldn't wait to get out there and chase some gobblers. I hunted this field and set up. I saw so many turkeys. I had three jakes come about five yards from me and probably saw around twelve hens. I saw two gobblers but they didn't come in because the three jakes teamed up on them and ran them off. Finally toward the end of the hunt, after i had hunted for about seven hours, i had another gobbler enter the field. He was a good one. but the jakes came back and I knew they would try to run him off as well. However this time they somehow got behind him and ran him right to me! It was the end of the road for that turkey lol. What went right, was I ended up killing a turkey on opening day. What went wrong was the jakes kept messin me up with two other gobblers. From the perspective of others, they were happy for me that I killed, especially my dad and brother who also killed as well. Overall it was a fun expirience and i had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean bro. It's not a good feeling knowing you will be going into your last year of college sports. Only thing we can do is keep working harder and keep getting better every day until the last pitch or the last snap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I played football in high school man, and I can honestly say that this is the best attitude you can have for leaving something like this behind.

    ReplyDelete